Choate Rosemary Hall seeks a Graphic Designer to join our dynamic Communications team.
This position combines artistic ability with technical proficiency to create engaging marketing and informational material for use across print and digital media and platforms and ensures that school materials are designed, produced, and distributed with Choate's communications and marketing objectives.
This is a benefits eligible position with a work schedule that will include some evenings and weekends throughout the year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects that require varied design specifications, delivery targets, and budget restrictions.
- Prepare and package all electronic files for appropriate output.
- Revise and maintain all template-based projects.
- Ensure that brand continuity is maintained, and project schedules are met.
- Attend occasional onsite press checks to confirm that high print quality standards are met.
- Secure bids from printers, photographers, mailing houses, and other vendors.
- Maintain production files according to department protocols.
- Coordinate photography services. Retouch images as required.
- Stay current with design software and trends.
- Designer of the Bulletin, The Magazine of Choate Rosemary Hall.
- BA degree in graphic design or related field preferred
- 4-6 years of experience in print production and graphic design/magazine design.
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals, typography, and digital publishing with a compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Strong knowledge of pre-press/print production, color correction, photo editing and printing processes. Experience in selection of paper, illustration, and photography.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX platform with thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Web software knowledge is desirable. Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred and Microsoft Office skills a plus.
- Strong working-knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other graphic design software.
Working at Choate: Choate Rosemary Hall is a coeducational, independent secondary school located in central Connecticut with 850 boarding and day students and over 350 employees. Choate serves intellectually gifted and motivated students of diverse backgrounds from across the globe whose commitment to serious study is enhanced in an academically challenging and personally supportive setting.
Choate provides students with transformative and meaningful experiences that instill lifelong habits of learning, leadership, and service, shaped by innovative and passionate educators. Teaching faculty at Choate are innovative, collaborative, and committed to our students' intellectual, social, emotional, and character development. Our faculty understands that each of our students has the potential for growth and works to encourage students to develop their own ideas and voices in learner-centered environments.
For its students and employees alike, Choate strives to be a diverse and inclusive community where all feel valued and embraced. On our campus, principled individuals from diverse backgrounds are united through common purpose, active engagement, and mutual respect. We celebrate differences and the richness of our varied backgrounds and experiences. Recognizing that working in an inclusive community can also present challenges, we embrace those challenges through ongoing dialogue and interaction, enhancing empathy and appreciation for those whose perspectives differ from our own.
Choate prohibits in all its programs, including hiring and employment practices, discrimination against or harassment of any member or group based upon age, gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category protected by Connecticut or federal law, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.