Reporting to the Manager of Community Safety, the Community Safety Officer in the Paul Mellon Arts Center (the PMAC) provides community safety and communications in support of students, staff, faculty, and visitors to the Choate Rosemary Hall Paul Mellon Arts Center.
The hours are every Saturday 4:00 pm - 12 midnight and Sunday 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, while school is in session. This is a part-time, academic year, non-benefits eligible position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol Arts Center and Science Center, opening rooms for faculty and students, and securing buildings at appropriate times.
- Monitor student access to building, maintaining sign-in log.
- Answer incoming calls as required. Direct callers to appropriate person, dispense information, and dispatch community safety officers.
- Make minor repairs and perform minor housekeeping when possible.
- Control traffic/parking in PMAC lots during events.
- Perform pedestrian crossing during events.
- Assist community safety officers securing buildings at curfew and as needed.
- Complete daily shift report and work orders.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Previous public safety or security experience required.
- CT public service driver's license preferred, good driving record required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- AED and CPR certification required within one year of hire. Other life safety certifications may be required in the future.
- Have the ability to work independently and project a positive customer service attitude.
- Must have the ability to walk and climb up and down stairs.