Choate Rosemary Hall is one of the most prestigious private boarding schools in the world. Choate's endowment is a globally diversified portfolio, invested through external fund managers across a range of strategies including public equities, hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
Reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Associate will be a member of the endowment's investment team, reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer. Key aspects of this position include sourcing and meeting with investment managers, analyzing portfolio holdings, conducting diligence calls and performing quantitative analysis of investment strategies.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible exempt staff position. Travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively source and perform due diligence for new investment opportunities across all asset classes
- Monitor and evaluate existing investments
- Lead research projects on opportunities and risks across asset classes
- Attend current and prospective manager meetings
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis across managers, asset classes and the portfolio
- Prepare and present written investment communication including investment recommendations
- Assist in operational support as needed
- Travel domestically and internationally
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 2 years investment experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- MBA/CFA and/or willingness to participate in the CFA program
- A passion for investing
- Strong written and oral communication abilities
- Self-motivated with a proven record of achievement
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in evaluating alternative investment managers
To apply, please click this link: http://employment.choate.edu/job/98425/investment-associate