Reporting to the Director of Summer Programs, the Administrative Assistant, Summer Programs provides secretarial and administrative support to the Director and Associate Director of Summer Programs and as needed to the various deans when Summer Programs is in session. Actively engage at various levels in projects in the Summer Programs' office and assist in the work flow of the office, while collaborating with the Systems Coordinator, Summer Programs.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible, non-exempt staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to include typing, proofreading, editing, filing, answering phones, scheduling appointments, processing mail, maintaining electronic calendars (including Summer Programs' master calendar), reserving spaces, and ordering supplies.
- Manage queries from prospective candidates and their families.
- Maintain data in the Student Information System which includes data entry and validation of student and parent records.
- Serve as a resource to the campus community and general public about Summer Programs and as the point person for communication with the Admission Office, during both the academic year and summer.
- Work in conjunction with the Communications Department to provide relevant and timely information for the Summer Programs external website and internal portals.
- Review monthly budget reports, reconcile credit card statements, issue personal expense vouchers, and process check requests.
- Coordinate and participate in recruitment efforts, representing Summer Programs at times at receptions, fairs, and events.
- Collaborate in the processing of student applications, recommendations, school reports and transcripts, biographic data, application status information, and medical forms.
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of teaching internship recruitment through job boards and college job postings.
- Actively engage at various levels in projects in the Summer Programs office include, but not limited to:
Collaborate on programmatic mailings to families of applicants and students, including student letters of acceptance, contracts, and health forms.
Coordinate the annual updating of Summer Programs handbooks.
Update the SP master calendar and confirm its accuracy by reaching out to all key participants.
Schedule field trip transportation and meals.
Oversee details of the various all-School gatherings and meals.
Working with the Associate Director, oversee student housing; track dorms available each summer and how that affects enrollment and housing; and maintain an accurate record of dormitory beds and number of students to be housed.
Assist Director with end-of-summer events.
Provide back-up support to the Operations Manager, to include assistance with mailings, training on the use of various systems, producing Crystal reports, and related support to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years administrative assistant experience required. Experience within secondary or higher education preferred.
- Computer proficiency using a Windows 7/10 computer.
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and work effectively with students, parents, and other employees at all levels with warmth, tact, and professionalism.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative support skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to work as a team with other members of the department.
- Excellent proofreading, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience with a SQL based relational database (educational, human resources, or medical) and Crystal Reports preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a discreet manner.
- Willingness to learn and use any electronic software and electronic devices as the job requires.
- Flexible mindset and willingness to try new approaches to a task or project.
Essential Physical Requirements: Ability to climb stairs, bend, lift and carry light objects, open file drawers. Fine motor skills required for data entry, phone, fax, and writing.
To apply, please click this link: http://employment.choate.edu/job/80418/administrative-assistant-summer-programs