Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) provides comprehensive academic resources, support and services for both students and faculty members.
In working with students, the focus is on helping maximize academic potential – to enhance student learning and demonstrate academic strengths. For our faculty, the TLC helps teachers explore and implement teaching methods – enabling them to work with students more effectively.
The TLC complements, rather than substitutes for, the academic support given students by their teachers and advisers. The TLC provides:
- coaching in reading, writing, quantitative skills, study skills, test-taking skills, general learning strategies and time management and organization
- a quiet place for test taking
- a quiet place for studying
- academic and technological support to those with documented disabilities
- resources designed to strengthen student learning
Guidelines for Receiving Educational Accommodations for a Disability
Choate follows the Documentation Guidelines used by The College Board. At this site you will find general guidelines as well as links that provide more specific information regarding documentation of Learning Disabilities, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Physical Disabilities, and Psychiatric Disabilities.
For additional information, contact the Teaching and Learning Center at (203) 697-2673.