Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) provides comprehensive academic resources, support and services for both students and faculty members.
What We Provide
In working with students, the focus is on helping maximize academic potential—to enhance student learning and demonstrate academic strengths. For our faculty, the TLC helps teachers explore and implement teaching methods—enabling them to work with students more effectively.
Guidelines for Receiving Educational Accommodations for a Disability
Choate follows the Documentation Guidelines used by The College Board. At this site you will find general guidelines as well as links that provide more specific information regarding documentation of Learning Disabilities, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Physical Disabilities, and Psychiatric Disabilities.
For additional information, contact the Teaching and Learning Center at (203) 697-2673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I need an appointment to come to the TLC for help if I've been granted special academic accommodations?
- If I have a diagnosed disability, am I required to tell the school?
- If I am not receiving accommodations and wish to, what should I do?
- Does the school provide testing for learning disabilities/ADHD?
- How can I receive accommodations (or check to see if I receive accommodations) on standardized tests e.g., PSATs, SATs, ACTs, etc.?
- Do I need an appointment to come to the TLC for general academic help and support?
- Does the school provide tutors for students?
- What will advisers/teachers/deans do if they suspect a student merits educational accommodations?