Reporting to the Athletics Office Manager, the Athletics Department Assistant provides administrative support to the Athletics Department. Job duties and work schedules may be adjusted according to departmental needs.
The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 12 noon - 5:00 pm, during the academic year.
This is a part-time, academic year (mid-August - mid-June), benefits eligible, non-exempt staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with the Office Manager on weekly and seasonal tasks such as providing back-up office support with phones, scheduling transportation, meal organization, facilities reports, officials, etc.
- Download all student information from the Registrar's Office spreadsheet into Power Campus.
- Update athletic team adds and drops and notify coaches, deans, students, and the Athletic Director of these changes.
- Run Crystal reports to create team rosters, captains' and managers' lists.
- Compile excel spreadsheet of all sports' Captains and distribute to Archives and the Deans Office each term.
- Coordinate all aspects of the athletic awards program which includes purchasing awards and plaques, maintaining inventory levels, and updating plaques in the WJAC, the pool, and the rink.
- Work in conjunction with the Assistant Director for Sports Information and the Equipment Manager on weekly and seasonal tasks such as coordinating and ordering Prize Day athletic awards.
- Create e-mail distribution lists in Outlook for each teams' athletes each term.
- Assist the Assistant Director for Sports Information as needed.
- Send coach evaluation forms out to Students each term.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of Power Campus, Filemaker, and Crystal reports preferred. Willingness and ability to learn new software required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Minimum of 2 years general office experience and knowledge of office procedures required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must enjoy working with students.
- Must be available to work weekend hours as needed.
- Must have CPR certification or obtain it within 6 months of hire.
be able to work independently, be responsive to the (sometimes conflicting)
needs of the Athletic Office, have the patience to make various adjustments to
rosters with minimal frustration, and pay strict attention to detail.
- Essential Physical Requirements:
- Be able to lift boxes weighing up to 15 pounds. Otherwise, it is routine office work with minimal physical requirements.
To apply, please click on this link: http://employment.choate.edu/job/131854/athletics-department-assistant