Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications for Creative Direction, the Digital Content Producer is a highly creative professional within the Communications Office and serves as the principal videographer/photographer for Choate Rosemary Hall. This position combines artistic ability with technical proficiency to create engaging multimedia content for use across the School's print and digital outlets. In coordination with the communications team, the Digital Content Producer ensures that school events and milestones are documented, shared, and archived in a manner that supports Choate's communications and marketing objectives.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible exempt staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as lead videographer/editor for in-house production of long & short-form videos, social media, news, website updates, etc.
- Identify stories and/or develop concepts and storyboards for digital, video, and other multi-media projects that align with the strategic efforts of the Communications Office.
- Organize, direct, produce, and edit video and photographic assets including (but not limited to) institutional events, arts performances, athletic contests, and other special events.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of campus constituents – from faculty, staff, and students – to writers, designers, and event coordinators.
- Manage Choate's YouTube and Vimeo channels as online delivery systems for marketing purposes and report viewership analytics as requested.
- Provide multimedia support for the Alumni Bulletin as needs arise.
- Assist independently contracted creative vendors during video and photo shoots.
- Edit and post-process digital assets using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Media Encoder, and Adobe Lightroom.
- Participate in project meetings to identity creative ways video and multimedia storytelling can most effectively market the School.
- Manage and curate digital assets, including tagging, key wording, and other archiving tasks for all institutional media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in related subject (video, photography, media, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Ability to receive feedback and direction.
- Four years professional experience in production with proven skills in creative photography and video production and editing.
- Ability to manage a set or location, while professionally managing clients, subjects, and environments.
- Professionally skilled in Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Media Encoder for video post-production.
- Professionally skilled in using DSLR camera systems and lighting.
- Ability to use the Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive) and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with digital archive software preferred.
- Must be available for frequent evening and weekend work during the academic calendar year, as well as occasional travel.
- Familiarity with independent, boarding school, or residential college environment a plus.
Essential Physical Requirements:
Have the ability to move about the campus, which at times involves walking and climbing stairs. Must have the ability to lift up to 30 pounds and climb a ladder.
To apply, please click this link: http://employment.choate.edu/job/143242/digital-content-producer