Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications, the Website and Electronic Communications Manager works to maintain and create enhancements to the School's web presence. Responsibilities include working with all campus departments to develop content, administering the content management system, incorporating design ideas, implementing interfaces to the School's administrative systems, and making the external websites and internal portals engaging and useful to school constituencies. The Website and Electronic Communications Manager monitors web usage and analyzes search engine analytics to maximize Choate's digital impact and serves as the technical development liaison between contributing departments and offices and the Communications Office.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible, year round position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary architect, manager, and advocate of the school website and portal strategy. Oversees website and portal maintenance. Create and implement long-term plans to improve website functionality. Collaborate, plan, and execute web design, navigation, layout and user experience including graphics, video, audio, hierarchy, and architecture. Develop and lead the integration of web strategies across campus, working with and building support from ITS, academic and administrative departments, and external vendors.
- Oversees website and portal maintenance. Create and implement long-term plans to improve website functionality. Diagnose and repair problems and provide ongoing constituent training to maximize available tools and features. Troubleshoots technical problems that arise with regard to access privileges & permissions for the School's constituents and content providers. Works with the Information Technology Services (ITS) team in development, integration and data management.
- Responsible for major UI/UX changes, hard coding of forms and various usability challenges to streamline processes.
- Participates in task force meetings related to web initiatives, web strategy, as well as strategic planning for electronic communication initiatives throughout the year.
- Training coordinator for providers, offering support, problem solving, and expediting resources to the provider community.
- Works with providers in creating attractive and usable content for school portals and websites. Is primary contact on all Athletics module content and design.
- Monitors and analyzes web trend statistics related to visitor activity and interprets a variety of data pertaining to website usage and trends, both internal and external.
- Develops web-based electronic communications, forms and other tools as needed to support institutional initiatives.
- Assists in monitoring the official Choate social media accounts. Helps manage content on these channels while assisting in processing videos/photos for various School websites and social media channels.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Planning and Communications
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred in a web development or digital media based field. Comparable experience with two to four years' experience managing and developing websites.
- Previous experience using both Macintosh and Windows platforms.
- Experience using tablets and smart devices, such as iPads, and with rendering content on a mobile platform.
- Knowledge of data systems and data workflow.
- Familiarity with data analytics, search engine optimization tools, and data reporting a plus.
- Experience with Finalsite preferred.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated effectiveness in a training capacity, preferably in technology.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies and products.
- Self-starter motivated to work independently.
- Ability to multitask under tight deadlines.
- Off hours flexibility for emergency messaging support.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and skills.
To apply, please click this link: http://employment.choate.edu/job/130539/website-and-electronic-communications-manager