Social Media Participation Guidelines
Here are some basic principles we are putting forth to ensure we foster the right environment for our followers and to ensure that your posts, comment or messages will not be deleted:
- Please be civil and considerate of others. Every member is entitled to their opinions – so disagree if you must, but don't hate!
- Please stay on topic! Let's keep the discussions at hand on topic and civil;
- Posts that are offensive or irrelevant to this page will be removed;
- Do not violate another's copyright or intellectual property;
- Do not post links that contains any kind of virus, spyware, or malware;
- Please do not act as a representative or spokesperson for Choate Rosemary Hall
Needless to say, content not deemed appropriate will be hidden or deleted by our moderators. So, let's keep these kinds of content off the page:
- Posts that are abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening, attacking in nature or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Posts that are defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, depicting violence, misleading or unlawful; Posts that include (or links redirecting to websites holding) fraudulent, inaccurate, negative, libelous, false or misleading information;
- Posts that are hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs;
- Posts that contain material protected by intellectual property or privacy laws, unless you own or control the rights or have received all necessary consents; and
- Posts that spam, solicit, advertise, promote or endorse any commercial, financial, political or governmental organization. Our social media pages are not for the endorsement of third parties.
Protection of Privacy
- Be smart about protecting yourself, your privacy and the privacy of others. What you publish is widely accessible and will be around for a long time, so consider the content carefully prior to posting;
- Do not post personal information including your social security number, driver's license number, bank account or credit card information, or other sensitive personal information (e.g. (email) address and phone number) that could be used to compromise your identity;
- Do not post any reference to personal information about others, including name or information that may be used to identify or locate another individual, that may be used to compromise another person's identity or that could otherwise be deemed to constitute invasion of another person's privacy;
- If you have a personal issue regarding the school, we recommend sending an email including your information to email@example.com to put your concern in the right hands. We will remove any personal data on the page for data protection purposes; and
- Choate Rosemary Hall will never solicit or ask for personal information through social media. Keep your personal information secure and private.
To keep our page inviting to all, Choate Rosemary Hall will review Posts and reserve the right to modify and delete them at our discretion at any time. If a portion of a Post is inappropriate, the entire Post will be deleted. Choate Rosemary Hall does not make endorsements via social media. Choate Rosemary Hall may post information from or to third party sites if it finds the information useful or relevant but this does not constitute an official endorsement or recommendation on behalf of Choate Rosemary Hall. If Choate Rosemary Hall does not remove a post that doesn't mean Choate Rosemary Hall endorses its content or views. Furthermore, Choate Rosemary Hall may update these guidelines without notice.
Social media sites are not affiliated with Choate Rosemary Hall; please review privacy policies and terms of service for each social media site and take notice of the risk of use.