Social Media Participation Guidelines
Public Participation Guidelines
When engaging on Choate social media accounts, we encourage the public to follow these guidelines to foster a positive online experience for our entire community:
- Be civil and considerate of others. Be respectful in times of disagreement.
- Stay on topic. Let's keep the discussions relevant to what is posted.
- Do not violate another's copyright or intellectual property;
- Do not post links that contains any kind of virus, spyware, or malware;
- Do not act as a representative or spokesperson for Choate Rosemary Hall.
Posts and/or comments that do not file our guidelines may be hidden or deleted. The following posts will be removed:
- Posts that are abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening, attacking in nature or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Posts that are defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, depicting violence, misleading or unlawful.
- Posts that include (or links redirecting to websites holding) fraudulent, inaccurate, negative, libelous, false or misleading information.
- Posts that are hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality or political beliefs.
- Posts that contain material protected by intellectual property or privacy laws, unless you own or control the rights or have received all necessary consent.
- Posts that spam, solicit, advertise, promote or endorse any commercial, financial, political or governmental organization. Our social media pages are not for the endorsement of third parties.
Choate Rosemary Hall will review posts and reserves the right to modify and delete them at our discretion at any time. Choate Rosemary Hall reserves the right to update guidelines and expectations at any time.
Choate Community Participation Guidelines
As a Choate community member, your actions online are a reflection upon yourself and upon the School. All content, including posts, direct messages, shares, and comments must align with the Statement of Expectations. All members of the community are expected to follow all social media guidelines and policies as outlined here and in the Student Handbook and Faculty/Staff Handbook.
Protection of Privacy
- Do not post personal information including your social security number, driver's license number, bank account or credit card information, or other sensitive personal information (e.g. (email) address and phone number) that could be used to compromise your identity;
- Do not post any reference to personal information about others, including name or information that may be used to identify or locate another individual, that may be used to compromise another person's identity or that could otherwise be deemed to constitute invasion of another person's privacy;
- If you have a personal issue regarding the school, we recommend sending an email including your information to firstname.lastname@example.org to put your concern in the right hands.
Social media platforms are not affiliated with Choate Rosemary Hall; please review privacy policies and terms of service for each social media platform and take notice of the risk of use.